Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Ultimate Christmas Collection Coming Soon

Christmas is my favorite time of the year for a lot of reasons. It is actually kind of strange as I didn't have the best of childhoods growing up, in fact, many may say my childhood was horrible and I guess in some ways, maybe it was. I can't recall more than 3 or 4 Christmas seasons while growing up where I got anything for Christmas. I am sure I likely did but I just don't remember it. I know it is kind of early now, but to be honest, I have always appreciated the season and those who maintain the Christmas Spirit all year round.

This year is kind of different; it is different because over the years I have been a giver at Christmas. Normally when asked who I would like to meet, real or fictional, living or dead, the answer has consistently for years now been the Real St. Nick. The real historical character is what inspired me to write the play The Real St. Nick & Jesus several years ago. I have done that play for a number of years now and love it each time I get to do it. Truth is, this Christmas season, someone will see me out in the streets, somewhere playing Santa Claus. One of the closing lines from that play, when presupposing the question of what would Jesus think of Christmas now by St. Nick is; "I'm sure he wouldn't mind the giving of gifts, after all, the sharing of love and blessing of others was a part of what Jesus came to earth for, but to forget about the ultimate gift, the gift that Jesus himself gave, now that would be another story." I am confident that is the attitude the real St. Nick would take, and the spirit of how Jesus would actually feel about Christmas.

Well since I began to follow Jesus back in the late 1970's I have been a giver. I love to give gifts. Fortunately for most of that time I have been able to afford those gifts. This year, with the new start up of The Virtual Pew the money just isn't there like it used to be. You can click here though to find out how you can give gifts in honor of someone else through The Virtual Pew. That allows a triple blessing, a blessing for someone who receives the gift, you who gave the gift, and me who will have the pleasure of giving the gift.

There is another unique blessing I am able to give this year, that is, hopefully some Christmas cheer and thought provoking concepts during the holidays via the blogs and web sites I contribute to. The Virtual Pew this Holiday season is going to be making frequent contributions that will help with your own Christmas cheer. We will be providing videos via YouTube and brief comment on those videos. There will be everything from songs, to parodies to Christmas television specials in their entirety. I have been working on this, going through literally thousands of videos trying to find things to post on The Ultimate Christmas Blog later on in December. On this blog will be many videos and up until then some of those will be posted in individual blogs. Here is a question for you though. How soon would you like to have The Ultimate Christmas Gift Blog up? I will assure you, this blog will have one of the largest collections of Christmas related videos out there. You will be able to visit here and find everything from children's related material to adult related material. Just let me know how soon you would like to have something like this available, and pass along the blogs to your friends. I again assure you, this is a gift I am working hard on to give the friends and supporters of The Virtual Pew out in cyberspace.

As a start up I am going to start off with the original special of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I actually love this special and even loved the theatrical version with Jim Carey. I love the story of redemption and the power of change, the ability to change from an ogre to a loving, caring, giving person. The Grinch in this story don't just represent some, in some ways, it represents us all. Check it out, look for yourself in the video, and then look at the power and ability to change this Christmas season. Until next time, God Bless and Merry Christmas.

To shop for The Grinch Items click here on this hyperlink

Contact and Giving Information

Oh Yea, here is that contact information again.

The Virtual Pew
P.O. Box 17731
Wichita, KS 67217

Or you van give on line via Pay Pal at: http://www.furches.org/donations/index.html

To become a part of The Virtual Pew, visit, http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ To learn more about me visit http://www.furches.org/ I am also active on MySpace at: http://www.myspace.com/mikefurches I have another blog at http://blog.myspace.com/mikefurches To visit the Hollywood Jesus group at MySpace with membership by numerous Hollywood Jesus reviewers visit: http://groups.myspace.com/hollywoodjesus For a more in depth weekly study and conversation you an visit: http://virtualpewsermon.blogspot.com/ where you can access deeper teaching and ultimately videos for viewing and teaching. You can also subscribe to the newsletter at http://www.thevirtualpew.com/ or see the newsletter on line at http://thevirtualpewnews.blogspot.com/ You can contact me via email at mike@furches.org or mike@thevirtualpew.com For those interested in knowing more about my own story, contact me for a free e-copy of my book The Keystone Kid in pre-edit form.

The Grinch Part 1




The Grinch Part 2



The Grinch Part 3


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home